The Jubilee® worm drive hose clip was invented and patented by Commander Lumley Robinson, the founder of L Robinson and Company (parent company of Jubilee Clips Ltd), in 1921. In the early days he found engineering companies who could manufacture the product to his drawings, but before long the company grew and was able to have all of the manufacturing processes carried out in-house. Commander Lumley Robinson ran the company himself right up until his death in 1939 and he oversaw the registration of the Jubilee® Clips trademark in several countries, the beginning of our own manufacturing and our first exports, to the Netherlands, in 1924 only three years after he invented the product.
Today the company is owned and run by the ancestors of Commander Lumley Robinson with his Great-Grandson Ian Jennings, representing the 4th generation of the family working alongside his father, John Jennings.
Since 1982 Jubilee® Clips Deutschland GmbH has been able to supply Germany and neighbouring countries with stock from our own warehouse and sales office in Traben-Trarbach.
In 2006 the company acquired a new site in Gillingham, able to accommodate all manufacturing and technical facilities of the group in a single location for the first time since the company was founded in 1921. The convenience was to be short lived as 2013 saw the acquisition of Elms Lightning Fasteners in Birmingham, expanding the product range and further enhancing the manufacturing capabilities of the group.
Today Jubilee® Clips is a global supplier of products of the highest quality and the brand is trademarked and recognised all over the world as a mark of excellence.